29 October 2008

The Last Weekend of Oct 2008

Day 1- 25th Oct Notice how the design in the background has played the part of the devil's horn in this picture? It perfectly fits his character too. The oversize diabetic devil of a panda ready to pounce on his food! Meet Sony Sasankan. Age : 26, Height : 6 Feet, Weight : 80-90 Kg would be my best guess.Do not under estimate him by his appearance. He is the Lord Krishna of many a classroom. On the other hand, he (almost) humbly attributes his female fan following to the abyss of his bloated skull, "For i have treasures locked in there which mere mortals can only dream of, " I can imagine him prophesying. And to begin my story, my invisible friends, it is with this great philosopher that i spend two days of my precious 3-day Diwali Holidays! Men sitting outside the illuminated building of Deccan Chronicle (on MG road) Ten shops, one violet shirt and a disappointing movie later, Sony and I decided to loiter around a bit on MG Road. Not because we had anything to do there. It was simply because we had made a discovery. We just happened to figure that 70% of the Bangaloreans simple pretend to walk up and down the MG road and particularly on Brigade road just so that everybody else would think that they are up to something very important. Just when they realize (after a lot of walking up and down and a lot of card swiping) that they have begun to recognize the faces around them, they decide to do (actually DO) something about their somewhat lame weekend. Phones ring, messages beep. Everybody is calling their most socially important friends. " Errr... am i too late to be on the guest list??" The couples go to parties trying to feel all important ("Look at the under privileged crowd outside, what do they know about leading an important 'happening' life"). The more enterprising stags, after a few desperate attempts to hit on a few chicks, end up in a pub bitching about how the whole world is filled with vile bitches and how this girl cheated on this poor thug or that. Not that i have anything against thugs, but i find their whole macho-talk very entertaining!!And Oh! As for the other 30% of the crowd on the Brigade road, they are busy gaping at the girls on the road. So, we (that would be Sony and me) decide to walk up and down a few times , avoid the jazz of the parties (not that anyone would have let us in anyways) , avoid the pubs (alcohol= poison to Sony, he has all the diseases in the world), walk up and down a few more times, stop when the men sitting outside the illuminated building of Deccan Chronicle (on MG road) begin to notice us and then, go back straight to the Hospital (the one with a cow waiting outside) in Kamanahalli to collect Sony's medical reports. The Hospital (the one with a cow waiting outside) in Kamanahalli Day 2 - 26th Oct Disclaimer : All right. I have to admit. The events narrated in this blog piece may not be in the most accurate chronological order. er.. Well, i might have got figments from my past weekends embedded on this one too. But i can claim with all the integrity that i can muster, that my pictures never lie. Now to continue my story. Another day with Sony would have ended close to disaster (i cant stand him for tooooo long). But thanks to Kunal, my fashion designer turned fashion photographer turned photo editor friend (Sorry Kunal, i don't have your picture), 26th of October, a not so-auspicious Sunday turned out to be good fun. The three of us were stuck inside the Garuda mall (it was raining heavily outside) and were merrily making fun of anybody who dared to walk past us. Too bad that the puny security in the mall doesn't allow my big ass camera to get a glimpse of a mall-world and all the colourfully dressed bees that come humming inside! Mental Note : A simple point and shoot digital camera with at least 8 mega-pixels should be on my high priority shopping list when Sony finally takes over Google. Oh, to give you a little background information, We, (that would be Sony, minu (i will introduce her in another post) and me ) had decided long long long ago, that Sony was going to come up with his million dollar idea (that is, if he manages to be alive for another 5 years), take over google, and then buy Minu a Kart Attack and me a Loreal White Perfect (my skin is living way ahead of my age:( !!) Day 3- 27th Oct I know i can be VERY irritating. Especially when it comes to narrating a story. Minu tells me that i end up narrating Ramayan and successfully fail to get my point across. My boss keeps asking me to get to the bottom line. I know guys. Brevity has never been my strongest asset. All im asking is for another chance (ha! how i love that dialogue when the hero delivers it with near emotion to his doe-eyed beauty!). Well, i might need a couple of extra chances too. Ok Ok. Cutting a long story short, On the third day of my never ending Diwali- weekend, i decided to take the plunge. As per Brida's advice, i decided to take risks and dared to discover the Dark Night. eeew! what rubbish. Let me try that again. Cutting a long story short, On the third day of my never ending Diwali- weekend, i decided to ditch Sony (actually it was him who ditched me! The fatso flatly asked me to get lost so that he can get a few more hours of sleep), and go to a friends house for lunch. The lunch was delicious (Dear God, Please always provide me with delicious food (the Indian spicy kind) ) and the crowd was good fun too. The promise of more fun, dinner and a apple flavored 'hookah' saw me visiting them again in the evening. For some strange cosmic reason, my photo eye has always had a fascination for catching smoke in a frame. Therefore, quite predictably, after a few decent + lame shots, i finally decided that I've had an eventful weekend. But it was 11pm. Time to go back home. Early next morning, I had a shuttle to catch. The much revered hookah!

2 comments:

  1. What was that? What... who? me? When? You villain-likely remove me from the mailing list and send to everyone else!! I'll soue you... get me back into the list!! I missed so many blogs.. the whole month infact!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the!!! dude, fyi, ur in disgrace. go ahead and sue me (btw, u dont even know to spell it right!! he he )... and i swear ill make every effort to throw u off the track! more posts will follow and u'll receive no updates (thats the vamp talking ;) )

    ReplyDelete